Affiliations & Sponsors


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

26th week of the 2008 Scrap Challenge

Wow, this time I'm super fast with my creation for the 26th week of the 2008 Scrap Challenge, but I must admit that in the past days I prepared a layout which suited perfectly with this week's theme, so why not?



In this weekly challenge, scrappers have to prepare a page about someone who lately brought them happiness.

I chosed to use a print which I received (twice in error) via mail some months ago from a religious association, it's a photographic reproduction of the pilgrim statue of the Madonna of Fatima which cried miraculously in New Orleans in 1972 (oh my, was it a prediction of the cataclism due to the Katrina hurricane?).
I also added the pic which I uploaded some days ago on Flickr to report an exceptional fact which occured at our new flat (see here for the whole story).

The title shows all my gratitude to Mary, telling in Italian "Thanks M", I created it with the white rounded letters by Stamperia and Her handwritten initial.

In the journaling, I wrote: "June 2008 - Thanks Mother, you presented us a wonderful gift, leaving a Rosary in our future flat, it's surely a signal of Your love and Your protection!".

I used several little pink flowers by Stamperia to surround the journaling, plus a wonderful flower of fabric and a nice heart-shaped gumshape which were part of the swap of June 2008 which I received from chiaweb (organized by "la bottega delle artigiane", an Italian Flickr group), together with a sort of white vellum paper for the bottom part of the page and a rose doodling.

Now the usual couple of details of my layout.





I hope you enjoyed my submission.
See you later and have a nice beginning of week, ciao my friends!!

5 comments:

Franny said...

quelle magnifique page, et comme je te comprends, ce rosaire est surement un signe j'en suis convaincue, j'aurai pu faire la même page que toi car je suis persuadée que la maison que nous venons d'acheter nous attendait...
et je pense aussi que c'est un peu grâce à toi et à ton livre du "secret" que tu m'avais conseillé
je t'embrasse et te souhaite bonne installation dans ton appartement
bizzzes

Anonymous said...

voila un bel hommage :) bravo Desi !

Anonymous said...

Great layout, Desi! I've never seen one done with Mary.

Desi said...

Merci mes amies, je vous embrasse!!
Thanks my friends, I embrace you!!

=)

Anonymous said...

Très jolie page! J'aime beaucoup la photo découpée et le titre...